vrijdag 4 oktober 2013

Oliver




Everyone,, meet Oliver. My big, lazy, snuggly kittycat.
It's his birthday today! :D He's 13 already! Time flies when you're having fun.

I adopted him from an animal shelter exactly 2 years ago. I was a volunteer at the animal shelter and took care of all the sick and injured cats. On August 1st Oliver came in. He had no collar, no chip and a huge wound on it's tail. Though he was severely injured and in a lot of pain, he didn't mind me stroking him. He came towards me and couldn't stop purring. So sweet. I fell in love immediately. When I came home I told my boyfriend that I was determined to adopt him. My boyfriend, a true dogs person, knew it was good for me to have an animal by my side, so he agreed. There was just one problem, our landlord. He said he didn't want animals in his appartment. I was really mad and began to argue with the man. Why can't we have a cat? After arguing for 2 hours our landlord said he'd think about it and he would let us know within a week.

A week later I heard nothing from him, so I called him. "Well." He said. "I have to think about it." When he said that I hung up really angry. Within the time I had to wait I went to school. Fashion Design. It brought a lot of stress and a month later I got sick. I didn't know what was wrong with me, but one thing was for sure. I couldn't leave my bed. My boyfriend saw how this sickness affected me and went to the landlord for an answer. He said the love of a cat could save me from a depression and more sickness. The landlord began to doubt his own opinion and said he'd really think about it this time. A month later I was still sick. Even more sick than before and that was when my boyfriend decided he'd adopt Oliver without hearing what the landlord had to say.

On October 4th my boyfriend went to the animal shelter to pick up Oliver. One problem, if I wanted him, I had to sign the papers. So with all my power I came out of the bed and walked to the animal shelter. Luckily it's only 500 yards away from my house, so it was doable.

Since that day I give Oliver all the love I can give him and he does the same to me. I can't imagine what life would be without him and I hope I can enjoy his cuteness for a long, long time!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten